Signs of the Times magazine is proud to announce the winners of the 2022 Women in Signs awards. Hosted in partnership with the International Sign Association (ISA) and sponsored by Square Coil, Trotec and Watchfire Signs, the second-annual program honors exceptional women and gender-expansive industry professionals who have excelled in ownership/management, design, fabrication, installation, sales or marketing.
The 2022 winners are …
- Bobbi Baker, owner, Bakers’ Signs (Conroe, TX)
- Dawn Homa, owner, Signarama Brighton (Brighton, CO)
- Jenn-Jenn Marshall, founder and CEO, Signflows (San Diego) and GreenHive Signage (Los Angeles)
- Allison Moz, wayfinding partner, Eyecandy Signs (Halifax, NS, Canada)
- Shokouh Shafiei, president and CEO, DSA Signage (Carson, CA)
This year’s call for entries requested nominees who spurred innovation, fueled business growth or otherwise made a significant, positive impact within their sign company, industry association or sign-associated philanthropic organization. And the sign industry responded in droves, submitting nearly 200 entries for more than 150 individual nominees throughout the US and Canada.
From there, ST Editor-in-Chief Mark Kissling and Managing Editor Christina Green narrowed the field to 25 impressive nominees. Then our industry panel of esteemed judges — including two of last year’s honorees — chose the five winners using a points-based system.
Thank you to our 2022 judges:
- Stacey Brown, chief image builder, Signarama Silver Spring (Silver Spring, MD)
- Elaine Scrima, vice president of operations, GSP Cos. (Clearwater, FL)
- Patty Soria, vice president of production and co-owner, Signtech (San Diego)
- Heidi Tillmanns, national manager, infrastructure and signage, Trans Canada Trail (Dundas, ON, Canada)
The 2022 Women in Signs winners will each be featured in ST‘s April issue and celebrated during a cocktail reception at 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 5 at the ISA International Sign Expo in Atlanta (Booth #2449). Honorees will also take part in a candid conversation by webinar later this spring. Stay tuned for more on this year’s roster of accomplished women leaders.
Published first here: https://signsofthetimes.com/2022-women-in-signs-award-winners-announced/