Do you set time aside each January for strategic planning?
- We look at how we operated in the last year … how we can lower overhead and where we can be more productive. — Willis Wood, RiNo Sign Works, Lakewood, CO
We try to set goals for the upcoming year and we identify the markets where we think growth can come from. — Kevin O’Connor, Enhance a Colour, Danbury, CT
- It’s more of a let’s look at the year in review and see how everyone is feeling about things — like it or not people’s personal situations affect the whole of the business, especially in a small shop of five people. — Nonnie Luther, Cadillac Sign Co., Norwood, NC
- We will review the trends of our business and determine where best to focus our attention. We also look at our organization and identify the needs to help us improve. We then collaboratively develop a strategy that will allow us to better service our clients and drive revenue. — Tom Dunn, Metro Sign and Awning, Tewksbury, MA
- We put a strategic plan together each year but we do this way before January of that year. We’ve been strategically planning since September/October for 2022. — Mallory Lynn, Signarama Brighton, Brighton, CO
- We did this in November. — Tom Schnurr, Sequoia Signs & Graphics, Pacheco, CA
We do this in December. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. — Brett Jeltema, Fresh Coast Signs and Graphics, Spring Lake, MI
- We do it before January. — Patrick Bush, VisComm, Cleveland, OH
- 2022 is done in Q4 of 2021. — Don Ouellette, Ampco Manufacturers Inc., Coquitlam, Bc, Canada
- I wish I did — maybe this year! — Chrysanna Hanes, Sign Art Group, Tampa, FL
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a signage and graphics company in the US or Canada, you’re invited to join the Signs of the Times Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute survey each month, you will receive access to some of the industry’s freshest data on sales — including your fellow members’ comments on what’s selling and what isn’t — and can make your voice heard on key issues affecting the sign industry. Sound good? Sign up here.
Published first here: https://signsofthetimes.com/sign-pros-offer-a-peek-into-their-annual-planning/