MUTOH America, a leader in wide-format inkjet printers, cutters and inks, announces the release of the new XpertJet 1642WR Pro dye-sublimation printer. This mid-level entry point printer features new extra-wide MUTOH AccuFine dual print heads which achieve best-in-class dot placement accuracy at improved production print speeds starting at 171 sq ft/hr. It is ideal for home décor, soft signage, sports apparel and fashion applications.
The newly-developed MUTOH AccuFine print head features 11 percent more nozzles and 33 percent greater nozzle length. This print head improves the accuracy of dot placement by 20 percent over the previous print head. The XPJ-1642WR Pro features automated processes which saves time, increase production, and allow for printing on thinner and lighter transfer papers. These features include:
- DH21 Dye-sublimation ink – achieves high-density colors, superior color rendition and excellent jetting and color stability.
- DropMaster 2 – this sensor on the carriage automatically calibrates bi-directional alignments.
- Nozzle Area Select – uses blocks of active nozzles to print if clogged nozzles fail to recover.
- Feed Master – built-in sensor allows for automatic media feed adjustments.
- Media Tracker – prints a barcode prior to removing media and when unprinted media is loaded again, a built-in sensor recognizes the amount of media remaining.
“The XpertJet 1642WR Pro features technology using new MUTOH AccuFine print heads with improved accuracy for better jetting, and auto alignment and auto feed functions to keep the printer tuned up,” said Randy Anderson, Product Marketing Manager for MUTOH America. “MUTOH’s DH21 dye-sublimation ink is fast drying and achieves high-density colors with less ink consumption, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.”
The XPJ-1642WR Pro is bundled with a 12-month subscription of FlexiDYESUB MUTOH Edition software, a $720.00 value.
The post New MUTOH XPJ-1642WR Pro Dye-Sublimation Printer appeared first on Sign Builder Illustrated, The How-To Sign Industry Magazine.
Published first here: https://www.signshop.com/news/new-mutoh-xpj-1642wr-pro-dye-sublimation-printer/