LightFair will connect the lighting design industry with a full range of new technologies, including innovations in disinfectant lighting solutions that have become increasingly popular during the COVID-19 pandemic, at its 2021 tradeshow, being held October 27-29 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
“LightFair continues to have its finger at the pulse of innovative solutions in the lighting-design industry,” said Dan Darby, show director. “Particularly timely are several of exhibitors showcasing disinfectant technology, such as UV-C lighting, that addresses current heightened market demand.”
UV-C light can be used in commercial and lifestyle spaces to kill more than 99 percent of viruses and bacteria on surfaces and in the air, making UV-C disinfection an increasingly important lighting category. Notable LightFair exhibitors, including Energy Focus, Signify and The Lighting Quotient, will present leading edge sanitizing UV-C light technology at the October 2021 trade show.
Energy Focus will debut UV by Energy Focus, featuring three affordable and immediate disinfectant lighting solutions:
- The nUVo Traveler, a personal space disinfector for cars, homes and offices;
- The nUVo Tower, a free-standing, portable air disinfection device; and
- The mUVe, a UV-C surface disinfection autonomous robot.
Signify will be available to speak about its Alkco line of UV-C disinfection luminaires and equipment, featuring:
- Air disinfection solutions—germicidal, indirect upper-air UV luminaires that mount to the wall or ceiling;
- Surface disinfection solutions—germicidal, direct UV luminaires that mount to the ceiling and operate when people/animals are not present; and
- Object disinfection solutions—bioshift UV-C disinfection chambers used for disinfecting objects and shared devices such as headsets and handheld scanners.
The Lighting Quotient will present the Elliptipar G417 and G51x product family, which are suspended or mounted to walls and feature a proprietary louver system to direct UV-C emissions for disinfection of airborne microbes and viruses which circulate in upper portions of a room.
The LightFair 2021 exhibitors present a broad range of lighting technology from design-driven installations to technical and health solutions. The full list of exhibitors at LightFair 2021 will showcase the newest designs in commercial and industrial lighting, October 27-29, 2021 (Conference October 25-29) at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York. Admission to the trade show floor is complimentary during LightFair’s 2021 edition.