FASTSIGNS International (Carrollton, TX) has announced the formation of its Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Comprised of FASTSIGNS franchisees, the committee was created to promote diversity and inclusion within not only the FASTSIGNS system but also the broader signage and franchising industries.
The eight committee members will tackle subjects such as increasing the number of minority franchisees within the FASTSIGNS system, promoting more open dialogue and collaboration, workplace environments, training protocols, education and other topics with the goal of creating more inclusive initiatives.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee members include:
- Kevin Jones, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Santa Rosa and Petaluma, CA
- Howard James, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Washington, D.C.
- Carmen Ruiz, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Daytona, FL
- Jose Corujo, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Puerto Rico
- Sarosh Nayar, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Dallas, TX
- Denise Acquaye, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Newark, NJ
- Shu Yang, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Burnaby, British Columbia
- Shimon Osibel, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Brooklyn, NY
“Over the years, the signage and franchising industries have become more diverse and inclusive, but there’s more we can do,” said Catherine Monson, CEO of FASTSIGNS International. “Diversity and inclusion need to extend beyond personalities, professional backgrounds, and other life experiences, and encompass all of an individual’s unique characteristics and experiences, including race, gender, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, national origin and sexual orientation.”
Published first here: https://signsofthetimes.com/fastsigns-forms-diversity-and-inclusion-committee/